Bachelor of Science in Architecture
Programme Information ( for 2016/2017 intake )
|Credits for graduation||135 credits|
B Sc (Hons) in Architecture programme had obtained the Hong Kong Institute of Architects Professional Accreditation ( Part I ) status.
Characteristics of the Programme
- Holistic approach of programme.
- Integration of the various subject cores, in particular the technical and professional knowledge, into the architectural design training.
- Balanced emphasis on theory and practice.
The Programme is designed to develop students’ potentials and academic capacities by providing courses in the following five categories:
- General Education
- Architectural Design
- Building Technology and Sustainability
- Architectural History and Theory
- Professional Practice
Emphasizing fundamental principles and concepts covering a wide range of basic design practice, environmental science, computer application and architectural history etc. for further development.
Developing intermediate level of theory and knowledge in various fields for architectural design and application in real practice.
Year 3 and 4:
Mainly consisting of professional and more advanced knowledge and theories in architecture. Emphasizing the design for complicated situations through the design projects and the application of design and management skills in studio projects.