ARE 141A Architectural Design and Theory II A
ARE 111 Introduction to Environmental Science
RAH 614A Building Environmental Assessment A
RAH 603 Research Methodology in Architecture
ARE 141B Architectural Design and Theory II A
RAH 614B Building Environmental Assessment B
Dr. THILAKARATNE Ruffina
M.Sc. (Architecture) UoM
M.Sc. (Environmental Management) (Asian Institute of Technology)
Fellow RIBA, Chartered Architect (RIBA)
BEAM Pro, LEED AP, LEED AP (BD + C)
Sustainability, Green Building
Ruffina is a RIBA qualified architect and an environmental designer. She possesses over 20yrs international experience in research & teaching and extensive experience in green building projects, large scale mixed use developments and institutional projects.
Currently at Chu Hai College of Higher Education, As the programme leader for Master of Architecture porgramms Ruffina is responsible for designing and delivering design studio programme and courses on environmental sustainability. Ruffina has also been invited to be a visiting critic and a speaker by high profile universities.
Her academic career is supported by her involvement as an environmental consultant in large scale development projects. Being a member of RIBA HK Chapter Education Committee, and BEAM Society Professional Development Committee, British Chamber of Commerce Environmental & Energy Committee, Australiana and New Zealand Architectural Science Association, she is continuously informed of the advancements in the practice and academia. She is also an Advisor Board member for Journal of Architectural Science Review.
- Thilakaratne, R., Chu, P. & Xiao, Y. (2017). Impacts from Building Geometries on Urban Wind Environments. WSBE Conference, 5-7 June.
- Thilakaratne, R., Chu, P. & Xiao, Y. (2016). Optimization of Hong Kong Residential Building Design Guidelines to Improve Urban Air Ventilation. Architectural Science Association Conference, Adelaide 8-10 Dec. 2016
- Thilakaratne, R., Chu, P. & Xiao, Y. (2016). Impacts of building typologies on pedestrian wind environments in high density urban areas. The Journal of Architecture (in progress)
- Thilakaratne, R. & Schnabel, M. A. (2013). Will LEED Survive in Asia? The 47th International Architectural Science Association ASA (ANZAScA) Conference, Hong Kong. 13-16 Nov. 2013
- Thilakaratne, R. & Lew, V. (2011). Can LEED lead Asia: Global adaptability of LEED rating system? Science Direct, Vol. 21. pp. 1136-1144
- Yau, D. Thilakaratne, R. Jones, S. Harkins, J, & Wincey, D. (2009). Earthquake Resistant Schools for Sichuan. APSEC-EACEF 2009 Conference, Langkawi, Malaysia. 4-6 August.
- Thilakaratne, R. & Kvan, T. (2006). Competence-Based Assessment in Professional Education Validation. Quality in Higher Education Journal. Vol. 12:3, pp. 315-327.