Architectural Design and Theory III (18-19)
Mr. RADOMAN Slobodan
B.A. in Architecture Harvard College;
M.Arch Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Urban Design Certificate MIT
Slobodan Radoman is a founding partner of the design practice RADDAR based in Hong Kong. Prior to establishing RADDAR Slobodan worked for six years at OMA’s offices in Rotterdam, NYC and Hong Kong, where he led architectural and urban design projects, from competition to detail design stages. Other professional stints include works for I.M. Pei (NYC), Odile Decq and Dominique Perrault (Paris), Benedetta Tagliabue (Barcelona). Slobodan left his native country Montenegro to complete an International Baccalaureate high school in the UK, upon which he enrolled in Harvard to complete a BA in Architecture degree, followed by a Master of Architecture degree at MIT. He is a recipient of several academic scholarships and fellowships including the Fellowship at MIT’s Legatum Center of Entrepreneurship.
While at MIT Slobodan was a teaching assistant for several courses; in collaboration with the Institute for the Advanced Architecture of Catalonia he led the MIT’s competition team for the Solar Decathlon in 2009. His current research focuses on peripheral urban zones and countryside, where he seeks opportunities for participatory design interventions. Slobodan is an active member of Hong Kong’s amateur basketball leagues. He speaks fluently Montenegrin, Spanish, Italian, and has an intermediate understanding of French.
- Radoman, Slobodan (2014). Co-Author of a Chapter, “Clean Energy Urban Design”, MIT, USA
- Radoman, Slobodan (2013). Author, “Skadar Lake: Challenges of National Park’s Valorization”, Festival of Real Estate Investments, Budva, Montenegro
- Radoman, Slobodan (2012). Author, “Alemão’s Fifth Façade”, Rio de Janeiro 2 Senseable City Guide, Senseable City Lab, MIT, Cambridge, USA
- Radoman, Slobodan (2012) Co-Author of a Chapter, “Japan Resilient Communities”, Changing Places at Medial Lab, MIT, USA
- Radoman, Slobodan (2011). Contributing Editor, “Disobedience, An Ongoing Video Archive” with Urbonas Studio, Media Lab, MIT, USA
- Radoman, Slobodan (2004). Author, “I’m Tired: Can We Stop Now?”, Mathematical Spectrum Vol.37, No.1, Sheffield University, UK